Yet another new member from Australia..

Interesting stories of you and a Suzuki you have owned.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Yet another new member from Australia..

Post by GT750Battleship »

Hi,from a not so sunny Sydney! Various Suzuki two stokes owned & loved over thirty+years, A100,T20,T200.T250R,GT750K,GT750M,current ride GT750A bought 12 years ago in a rather "sad state" all good now,after a"ground up" restoration,nothing money,time,can't fix ah? The bike is lovely to ride now,& draws a lot of attention when she's out,parked or on the move,which is always nice after all the hard work that's gone into her.Like all 35+ year bikes,she still has a few little problems,from time to time,such as recently when the starter motor had to come out for a set of brushes! General servicing & "fettling" seem to help I think,I'm up grading a few things with stainless steel,fasteners,parts at the moment.On the suspension side,I fitted Ikon shocks to the rear,made a big difference & I feel a bit safer at speed over the genuine item!!!! :)

Cheers,
GT750Battleship
GT750Battleship.
tz375
Moto GP

Re: Yet another new member from Australia..

Post by tz375 »

Welcome.

What's up with your weather. Isn't it the middle of summer and the supers are at the Island this weekend ?
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Re: Yet another new member from Australia..

Post by GT750Battleship »

Hi,thanks for the welcome,yep weather very strange,a real hit miss thing with riding the bike between the showers.I had a short run out yesterday to check on a Speed Camera location,went thru the same intersection a bit "quick" last Sunday,the camera & flash are mounted in the cross street,so I may have got away with it,as I was on the main road? Will wait two weeks & see if a fine follows in the mail!!!! Weather forecast for Phillip Island Saturday & Sunday Superbikes is partly cloudy, 24c,so ideal conditions really. Sydney is 700+miles from the circuit,so I'll settle for the TV broadcast both days, I did fly down one year,really top place,great atmosphere, & racing!

Regards,
GT750Battleship.
:)
GT750Battleship.