Just a quick Hi.

Interesting stories of you and a Suzuki you have owned.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

astrax
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750B, GT185, Z550

Just a quick Hi.

Post by astrax »

Recently joined this forum and just thought I give a quick intro

I'm Ian, do recognize a few of the names from another forum but there is also a lot of new ones.

I have had my GT750B since I was 18, which is about 29 years now, but it has been off the road for about 25 of those years in various stages of completion.

Use to be in engineering which made it really easy to make up bits and get stuff plated or coated, but about 18 years ago moved career, and since did not have access to machinery at work so have had to make a small work shop at home to continue the project.

The bike is at the stage where I can ride it up and down the back alley and only needs a few more bits sorted, like the radiator spraying and a few bits waiting on chroming and it should be complete, assuming I do not change my mind in the mean time, which happened in Dec 2009 when I stripped it back down again.

I was hoping to have it ready for the summer this year but had a new garage built and with all the bad weather in the UK in April and May delayed the finishing of the garage for a quite a bit so unfortunately still have not been able to ride the bike on the road this year, but as I have said for a number of years, there is always next year.

This is a recent photo of my bike, I have not tried to keep standard, just making bits and hopefully improving in some way, have made loads of parts over the years ranging from the odd bolt to titanium wheel spindles, which alot was courtesy of the company I use to work at :wink: , but if anyone is interested can look at the other stuff here http://www.astrax.co.uk/bikes/index.html

Ian.
tz375
Moto GP

Re: Just a quick Hi.

Post by tz375 »

Welcome. Do you mind sharing where you are with jetting on that bad boy?
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Welcome aboard Astrax - good to see you ! 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

Hi Astrax, its good to see more of the Clinick boys coming over here.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
astrax
Still in the Driveway

Post by astrax »

tz375 wrote:Welcome. Do you mind sharing where you are with jetting on that bad boy?
Hi, thanks for the welcome.
Have 117.5 mains in there at the moment, being slightly on the side of caution with the Allspeeds, K&N's and have done some machining on the block, nothing too crazy.
Can click the images below for full size photo.
Photo was taken before spraying the block so looks a bit grubby.
The small brass oil feed pipes temporarily removed from the ports for sanding/polishing.

Not changed any port heights, it is mainly the inlet port opened up to 40mm to match the carbs and knife edge the splitter and polished, transfer, inlet and exhaust, so should not affect too much.

It has been rebored to +0.5mm and some work on the crank, so hopefully be ok.

Ian
astrax
Still in the Driveway

Post by astrax »

tz375 wrote:Welcome. Do you mind sharing where you are with jetting on that bad boy?
Hi tz375
Misread the question, thought it said what are you jetting, not where, sorry my mistake and I can't even blame that one on too many beers, the edit button on the post has gone so not able to add a sensible answer.

At the moment I'm just able to have a little ride up and down the alley which is near Portsmouth in the UK, done 6 or 7 miles so far, there is only so many times I can go up and down, but weather starting to go down hill, seems to be wet most of the week so won't be able to do that too much until it's finished.

Ian