Interesting stories of you and a Suzuki you have owned.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

JoolsGT125
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1970 ACC50, 1971 T125

Post by JoolsGT125 »

Hello Folks,

Well, here I am returning to Suzuki 2-strokes after 40-odd years. My introduction to them was back in 1976 when my dear old Dad bought me a second-hand ACC50. I loved that little bike, which was primarily used to get to and from school in the days when many 16 year-olds were cruising the streets on their funky mopeds. More than 40 years later, I still have that same bike as I could never bear to part with it after all the fun I had back in those 'simpler' times. I'm ashamed to say that it has fallen into a bit of a state cosmetically, but it's on the list of restoration projects.
My reason for joining is due to my purchase of a T125 'Stinger' (or rather the component parts of one!), a bike so gob-smackingly different that I could barely believe my eyes the first time I saw one in 1978. However, thereafter I didn't see another one for more than 20 years.
I'm hoping to get it built over the coming year, though I'm under no illusions as to the difficulty of finding parts. My primary concern is finding a left-hand carbuettor, so if anyone has one kicking about??!

Jools
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Re: New Member

Post by jabcb »

Welcome to the forum. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an AC50 or T125.

If you can’t find the parts, it might be useful to contact eBay sellers that are parting out T125s. I’ve done that with some success.

Have fun with the build/restoration. It’s a great retirement hobby.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
JoolsGT125
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1970 ACC50, 1971 T125

Re: New Member

Post by JoolsGT125 »

Indeed, they're both rare here in the UK. In all the 40+years I've owned my ACC50, I don't think I've seen more than half a dozen other examples. They weren't really suitable for the UK market as they were true motorcycles, and therefore outside the ownership of sixteen-year-olds who were only permitted to ride machines equipped with pedals (known as 'mopeds' over here). Suzuki quickly brought out the AP50 version that was fitted with pedals, by means of which a (very) strong lad could propel them with the engine off!

The AP50 was very popular, a little faster than Yamaha's ubiquitous FS1E, which was the other weapon of choice for many who dreamed of emulating Barry Sheen and Kenny Roberts.

eBay is scoured every day for suitable parts!