Tales of 2 T350s

Interesting stories of you and a Suzuki you have owned.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

SudookyT350
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 2 1970 Suzuki T350’s

Tales of 2 T350s

Post by SudookyT350 »

My dad has had a ‘70 t350 since the early 80’s and the left carburetor was stopped up for the longest time. So as I got older, one day I took it out of the barn and went to work. It took hours to try to get the carburetors back together, given that the throttle cable was frayed on one. Carbs were junk so I ended up convincing mikuni to special make me 2 vm-32sh carbs which ended up being a little different than the original ones. It runs well now, just a lot of blow-by and low compression.
One day I was daydreaming on facebook marketplace and decided to look up T350, and the first one I saw was a “junker” about 3 hours from me. Little did i know the bike hasn’t been insured since 1973! It sat outside for a long time and a lot of parts were stolen off of it, but I ended up getting it for a little over $400 (mostly for the MINT engine and transmission). The frame is solid but both fenders are rotted and electricals are gone so it’s too far gone for me to try to fix it. BUT, I have an idea. I’ve always wanted to put a lawn mower engine on a motorcycle and make it street legal. I have a Kohler Command series 20hp horizontal v twin that would fit just barely in that frame. I thought about using a Cvt on it, but it’s not practical. I’ve also seen people taking the crankcase/transmission out of a dirt bike and taking the crankshaft out and turning a much longer shaft with journals that stick out of the side to make a stand alone transmission, and making an aluminum side cover for it. Does anyone have any more experience on “dumb” things like that? I know this is a 2 stroke club, but i want to keep that low mileage engine in case i ever have to put it on my good bike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Life is the art of drawing without an eraser with only one sheet of paper.”
x2 1970 Suzuki T350II’s, June flavored and July flavored. 1974 Honda CR125M Elsinore