My introduction/Jim/USA

Interesting stories of you and a Suzuki you have owned.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Jimroid
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT500 T500 GT750

My introduction/Jim/USA

Post by Jimroid »

Good day.I tried several times in the past to register from home with zero luck.I finally tried from work and presto,here I am.This seems to be the only really active Suzuki 2 stroke forum I can find.I tried Muzza's,but there is no action there,and 2strokeworld is 95% RD/RZ Yamaha which is great,but no Titan help really. I have had Suzuki 2 stroke experience back in the 70's and '80's and wandered off to other bikes. My current project is a '75 T500 motor and a '76 GT500 very rough roller. My goal is to use parts I have on the shelf.This is an "official low budget project" by choice. I am building a playbike for the drags,and if it works decent then I will bracket race it.I purchased a motor back in October,freshened up for a while now, but could not find a chassis anywhere! I never would have guessed that would be an issue. Well I finally found a chassis 50 minutes away.Frame and rolling gear are in full clean/repair/paint mode right now.Patina and some oxidation is ok with me on this project! No new chrome or rebuilt mega dollar wheels,no Jim Lomas $800 chambers, and no professional paint jobs.I appreciate those that do that however. I will post updates and pictures in the near future. Jim in Wichita, Kansas USA
PHPaul
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1979 Yamaha XS650, 1974 Suzuki GT550

Re: My introduction/Jim/USA

Post by PHPaul »

Welcome, Jim.

We have similar philosophies on old bikes. Much as I'd like to do a museum-quality restoration, the funds just aren't there and it would be too valuable to ride anyway.

I fix 'em and ride 'em.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: My introduction/Jim/USA

Post by Alan H »

Welcome Jim,
I think you're right about active forae in the UK, there are some in the UK, but a bit far from you!
Good luck with the 500, they really are a nice bike.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.