The luckiest man on earth

Interesting stories of you and a Suzuki you have owned.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Mata-Tan
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '76 GT380

The luckiest man on earth

Post by Mata-Tan »

Hi everyone,

So about 10 days ago I helped some friends out in an event in St. Pete, FL.

They raffled off a '76 GT380 at $10 a ticket. When it was time to draw the winner, one of my friends calls me to the stage and tells me to put my hand in and pick the winning ticket. I put my hand in and I picked out (without looking of course) MY OWN FREAKING TICKET!! I WON, I WON!
Now I'm the proud owner of a beautiful bike I know very little about.

And that's how I ended up here looking for info, reading some interesting stories and hopefully soon enough learning enough about my new bike to maintain it well and enjoy for a long time.

As far as can tell so far the only things I need to fix are 1) Headlight bulb & 2) small leak from the fuel petcock
Just throwing that out there in case someone has some advice while I keep on reading and find what I'm looking for and then some....

I wish everyone the same luck I've had lately!
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Re: The luckiest man on earth

Post by rngdng »

CONGRATS!! Petcock rebuild kits are easily found on Ebay. Headlight bulbs also for that matter. Feel free to ask questions; we won't harrass you for asking newbie questions.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
Mata-Tan
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '76 GT380

Post by Mata-Tan »

Thanks a lot!
The petcock was rebuilt already but I guess there was an O-ring missing which I've already ordered from the local Suzuki dealer. They did tell me that the headlight unit itself had to be replaced and that it's not an actual bulb. The bad part is that the headlight unit has been discontinued, but the guy I spoke to didn't sound too convincing... I'm planning on taking the headlight apart this weekend to check it out and see for myself...

BTW, this is my first 2-Stroke, my first Japanese bike, my first non-Ducati bike for that matter. I've ridden a total of 2.5 miles and I'm already in love!
GTandcbr
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: suzuki gt 550j

Post by GTandcbr »

Congratulations on your win! For your headlamp problem look here for more info viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or if you are feeling flush with cash http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-Headli ... Swo4pYPX5A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-OEM-Suzuk ... SwXeJYGgE1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
98 carb Blackbird and GT550j
dgoodsy
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '72 gt750

Post by dgoodsy »

Congrats on winning the bike (crazy story, what are the chances?!) and Welcome to this forum! There is lots of good information here and the experienced guys don't mind helping the beginners like me!
'72 GT750
Indy650
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '74 GT250

Post by Indy650 »

Wow congrats man that is awesome! I think you'll love the bike 2-strokes are just a blast to ride! Just curious how many miles are on it? Would love to see pics. Just a heads up you have to use a photo sharing site like photobucket to post pics on here.
Evans Ward
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350

Post by Evans Ward »

Based on his profile, he last visited this site 12/31/16- wonder if he still has the bike or if he sold it?? :(
1976 Suzuki GT750 (Maui Blue), 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candytone Blue), 1984 Yamaha RZ350 (KRR- Yellow/ Black).