T/GT500 Seat Bushes

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

T/GT500 Seat Bushes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Before I go and make something, has anyone (Robert/Jim/Coyote/Pedro perhaps) come up with an off-the-shelf alternative for the four seat bushes (09301-08001) ? Thanks ! 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Re: T/GT500 Seat Bushes

Post by rbond »

You may have to make something. Maybe measure an old one to see if there are any metric tubing close and weld on some washers. The rubber bushings, maybe some automotive urethane units could be resized to fit.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

Thanks Robert - basically that is what I've done as I didn't get any quick replies :D I didn't have an original, so I guessed. Seems to work OK. If you have a photo of what one actually looks like together with some measurements, I'll hang onto it in case I need to make a Version 2 8)
Ian

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

PEDRO wrote:sorry not needed to just yet but will put on my check availability list before looking at producing, is there a need??
Pedro - the four bushings themselves (09301-08001) are not available from Suzuki, and in my case the PO must have lost or tossed them when they bodged a different seat onto the GT500 I'm working on. I'd expect that they aren't something that would normally wear out - and if you are doing the bike over as a cafe, then you wouldn't care about them anyway so I doubt there would be much of a market ! :lol: For info, none of the other stock seat fixings are available: the rubber bushing the four rear bushes fit into on the rear frame extension (09305-12008) although mine appear to still be OK, or the two front seat stay bushings (09319-08002).

I've dummied up something that works, but if you have four originals (of 09301-08001) I'd be interested, if only just to see what they actually look like ! Send me a PM if you have some you can part with. 8)
Ian

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

Just to close this out - I had made my own which worked OK, but then finally managed to find one original one that was in decent shape, so I had it copied in stainless. The original is on the right side of the photo. You need four per bike, so I've got what I need for the 1977 and for the 1968 GT/T500's I have, plus a couple of spare if I ever need them. 8)

Ian