oil injection fitting

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

cpt137
On the street

oil injection fitting

Post by cpt137 »

Trying to get my gt500 on the road. Need an oil injection fitting, the one that goes into the crankcase that the banjo bolt goes into. Specifically, the left lines. I'll buy the whole assembly or just the fitting if anyone has one around.
Coyote
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550x2, GT750, GS1000

Re: oil injection fitting

Post by Coyote »

Does anyone know if the valves are the same on the GT550 / 750 as the ones on the 500? If so, I can help this lad out.
I noticed in your other post that you said you can't see how to take them apart. That's because the were permanately attached by the manufacturer. I couldn't see how to get them apart either. I found it easier to splice in a line with a known good valve. You can see how I did this here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4225" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left.

1978 GS1000C
1976 GT550 ongoing money pit.
cpt137
On the street

Post by cpt137 »

As far as I can see from the pics they are the same. I got the fitting off the line. One fitting wouldn't crack and I ruined it trying to free it up. I used a pair of side cutters to get under the collar and with the fitting in a vise pried it off. Then I worked a small screw driver around the edge of the plastic fitting and pried off the oil line. I think a new banjo will securely fit back in the line. It looks like the check valve is manufactured in the fitting itself and then sealed in so no way to take it apart.
I would buy at least one fitting, if not a couple if not to expensive just to se if I can make the repair. If that fails I found a couple of check valves I might put in the line.
Coyote
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550x2, GT750, GS1000

Post by Coyote »

I would buy at least one fitting, if not a couple if not to expensive
Money? I don't want any money - just postage. I can cut a few off at the manifold and send them. That way you can decide which one fits the bill best if you have to make an in line splice. Deal?
Some pics of what you have or the line that you need would be helpful.
You can email me direct at: coyotesdoins@cox.net
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left.

1978 GS1000C
1976 GT550 ongoing money pit.
cpt137
On the street

Post by cpt137 »

email inbound. Thanks for being so generous. Looks like the ball and spring are inserted into the fitting and then a tiny brass tube pushed in to hold it in place. Can't see any way to get them apart.