1968 Suzuki T500

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Zook-e
Smokin'

1968 Suzuki T500

Post by Zook-e »

For Sale or Trade is a 1968 Suzuki T500. It was originally black but I liked the Candy Blue better and painted it as such. The engine is a later model with 32mm carbs instead of the standard 34mm. The original set of cases with matching numbers will go with the sale of this bike. The crank has new seals and the current engine has new pistons and has been bead blasted and cases painted. The front end is off a 1972 GT550 and has been setup to closely match what the Cobra front end would look like. This giving the bike better stopping and a better front suspension. The rear swingarm has new bronze bushings. The rear wheel has an aluminum rim and new spokes. Rear shocks are Boge with different springs and a spacer added for more spring preload. Chain is a 520 x-ring. New Avon Roadrider tires. Turn siganls have been added as the Cobra did not come with them. Several things are not current to the Cobra but that was not the intention of the build. The mileage listed is what is on the bike since rebuild and the NOS speedometer added at time of completition. The real mileage is unknown. The frame is painted in enamel and clearcoated. The chrome side panels have some scratches and the chrome is nice but it is what one would expect with a bike this age and one having been riden like is should be. It also has freshly rebuilt carbs, new points and condensors. The seat cover is not original but the pan and foam are.

I am asking $3500.00 or possible trades plus cash.
"If you keep hitting your head against the wall you will eventually put a hole in the wall or your head"

1968 T500 Monoshock, 1972 GT750 Custom, 1973 GT750 Lemans

http://www.sundialmotosports.com
diamondj
Road race school

Re: 1968 Suzuki T500

Post by diamondj »

Hey Zook-e!

How have you been? I hope all is well with you? You getting out of motorcycles? It's been a while since you've posted on here....

We're going to be down your way over Thanksgiving visiting my mom in Greensboro. You up for a visit on Saturday the 28th at the usual spot in Roanoke? Sometime around lunchtime?

Good luck with selling the Cobra. I don't know if you'll sell it here but it would do good on Ebay. Thanks for giving us first shot at it though. If I had any money I'd make you an offer on it...

Talk to you soon,

Jim
Frank T
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 68 Cobra, 73T500

Post by Frank T »

Eric,
Check your PM.
Frank Tarpley
1968 Cobra, 1973 T500, 1974 GT380, 1987 Yamaha RZ350, 1988 Yamaha TDR250, 1989 DT50
Zook-e
Smokin'

Post by Zook-e »

diamondj wrote:Hey Zook-e!

How have you been? I hope all is well with you? You getting out of motorcycles? It's been a while since you've posted on here....

We're going to be down your way over Thanksgiving visiting my mom in Greensboro. You up for a visit on Saturday the 28th at the usual spot in Roanoke? Sometime around lunchtime?

Good luck with selling the Cobra. I don't know if you'll sell it here but it would do good on Ebay. Thanks for giving us first shot at it though. If I had any money I'd make you an offer on it...

Talk to you soon,

Jim
Bummer, would have like to have seen you on Saturday but I will still be in Winchester, VA till late that evening visiting with some puppies of our in a Neutral Kennel. Long story but a civil suit filed against us and our kennel has already cost us upwards of 20k in the last three months. Sort of sucking us dry of income.
"If you keep hitting your head against the wall you will eventually put a hole in the wall or your head"

Zook-e
Smokin'

Post by Zook-e »

Frank T wrote:Eric,
Check your PM.
Pmd you back.

Eric

Zook-e
Smokin'

Post by Zook-e »

Trade pending. :clap: