Flush GT badges

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Joe.Hatt
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GS450 SV650S GT550

Flush GT badges

Post by Joe.Hatt »

Hello Folks,

I am getting some GT550 decals made for the side panels on my own GT. They will look very much like the originals, but give a flush finish. The decals will be silver and red vinyl, individual characters on a backing paper, just like the modern Suzuki ones.
Would anyone else like some? I should be able to get other numbers (380, 250, etc) made to suit.
Drop me a message if you're interested. Price would be around £15 a pair.

My bike has been resprayed into bright Suzuki corporate blue, and wears modern SUZUKI decals. The flush finish is a subtle update, and eliminates all those dirt-trap corners which seem to be the main feature of the original cast badges.
For all you dedicated restorers, this has breathed new life into an abandoned bike which was laid-up for 25 years. The daubed-on hammerite was removed to clean the tank back to bare metal, replacements for the missing side panels obtained, and badge fixing holes on the tank and side panels were filled.

Keep smoking
Joe
two-stroke-brit
Novice racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: gt750

Re: Flush GT badges

Post by two-stroke-brit »

welcome joe .i would love to see some pictures of the bike.
cheers mark
She will never be pretty but hoping she will be a fun ride.

1973 SUZUKI GT750K.=SOLD
yamaha speedtwinn 100 barn find =SOLD
1x 1973 kawasaki H1 (restored)
1x 1973 kawasaki H1 (basket case) =SOLD
1982 HONDA CB900F =SOLD
1982 YAMAHA RD350LC.
1985 RZ350N
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

Joe someone beat you to it already, for a while now an ebay seller in the UK was making decals just like the originals but he had the orange flake in his which was a nice touch. You plan to do each digit separately? it would be interesting to see that.
Lets see the bike though.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
Joe.Hatt
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GS450 SV650S GT550

Post by Joe.Hatt »

Hi there,
Thanks to SuzsmokeyAllan for the directions to classicmotorcyledecals on ebay.co.uk, a useful link for replicas of OEM decals and as well as the flat vinyl 'clones' of the original cast badges. Still invesigating my options for either buying GT550 'clones' from classicmotorcycledecals or getting some of my own design with individual charcters, as per the image attached. I like the chrome and metallic red characters, but not the black surround (which holds the cast badge together). Just need to find out what colours of vinyl I can work with before deparing into the silly money zone.

Here are a couple of photos of the beast in question... The blue looks brighter in the photos than it really is, and could do with a bit more identity, hence the decals.

Thanks for a great forum. Definately helped during the re-build!
See ya,
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.