2003 model (K3) GSX1400 for sale

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

2003 model (K3) GSX1400 for sale

Post by Alan H »

Low miles, running well but doesn't get used much as it's behind all the triples!
Full service this year with new tyres on powder coated wheels, oil etc, pads, plugs, chain/sprockets.
MOT to July 2019.
Good starter, runner, handler etc. But I still prefer the 2 strokes.
Go on, you know you need one!
Offers around £3250.
More pics if required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP

2003 model (K3) GSX1400 for sale UPDATED!!!

Post by Alan H »

First registered March 2004 and now with only 27700ish miles on and currently taxed, so can be ridden away if required. If not sold, it will be sorned at the end of January. If we get a nice fine day before the bike is sold, the mileage might go up a bit!
Bought the bike in July 2017 as I had engine problems with another bike just before I was due to tour Eire. Managed to get the naughty one sorted, so the 14 wasn’t used as I thought with only 1100 odd miles done in the last 20 months or so.
I’ve used the bike, and do enjoy it, but as my other bikes are mainly big 70s two strokes, it’s so different, I don’t get out on it that much – and the little lady doesn’t like it as ‘it’s too fast, too big, too everything’ I think. Most of my biker mates also have 70s machinery, so we tend to go out on those. Last year I had new Michelin tyres fitted (£130odd) along with the wheels powder coated silver (£100), and a full service consisting of oil & filter, plugs, air filter, chain and sprockets, all wheel bearings, all brake pads and new braided brake lines (total £580).
Tested until July 2017, so ready to run. Lots of paperwork with the bike.
This bike has a ‘custom’ non-age-related GJZ number plate which was on when I bought it, and will remain on when sold. Note that the UK V5 is current and in my name.
I fitted a new rack, a stainless radiator cover, a new pair of mirrors as the originals were too narrow for my taste, a set of chrome engine ‘crash’ bars - and the bike runs very well, and starts on the button. There is a small nose fairing and surprisingly this is very good as a windbreak at all speeds up to 7000rpm in top gear.
Could do with the stands powder coating and a good polish, but I expect the new owner will do that over the winter. Standard twin exhausts, very quiet and 40 odd miles to the gallon makes it a nice bike with ‘presence’.
I'd like £3250, but sensible close offers may work too - bike near Barnsley in South Yorkshire. Cash only and no tyre kickers please.

As I said above, I love the bike, but it's not had the use I hoped and now I need the room as I have a garage full of two strokes! Please PM or email for pics and further details. Good starter, runner, handler etc. But I still prefer the 2 strokes.
Go on, you know you need one!
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP

Re: 2003 model (K3) GSX1400 for sale

Post by Alan H »

Now gone to a new home. Don't think these were available in the US, so for once we have had a bike that you didn't!

But I'm leaving the advert on ebay as I've paid for 28 days, so I'm having 28 days! :lol:

Item 143351954758 - I've adjusted the price now - see how many comments it gets. :roll:

Only 5 bikes in the garage now, so I've almost got room to work.........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.