Alloy Rim GS1000 Wire Wheel set for GT750 Rear Disc brakes

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Mgmark
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: ‘75 GT750, '19 Triumph T100

Alloy Rim GS1000 Wire Wheel set for GT750 Rear Disc brakes

Post by Mgmark »

I have a set of ‘78 GS1000C alloy rim wire wheels to convert over a GT750 to rear disc brake. They are the same as stock GT750 sizes. These are the same wheels I used on my custom GT and are a drop in for a GT750 front and GT rear swingarm.
    The wheels are in good shape and include the rear wheel axle, spacers and disc hardware. The front wheel has a good set of GT brake discs for a direct swap. The rear caliper can be found on eBay as they were all the same on late 70s GS bikes. I can help with pics and advise how I did my rear master cylinder mount, bought new from Mike’s XS. It is a bolt on mod requiring no modifications to the stock bike. It is really nice to have a rear brake that works great on a GT750!
    You do need to add a brake caliper torque arm mount to the top of the swingarm. I can include an extra GT swingarm for modification with the wheels so you can swap everything at once.

Suzuki wheels are heavy and I really don’t want to ship them, but I will if I must. I will bring them down to the Barber Vintage Festival To sell/deliver first week of October. $250 for the pair.
    Mark

No idea why Suzuki would put only a single disc to the front of a GS1000. The hub is the same as the GT so mounting a pair seems obvious.
    32B05D16-4964-46F8-80CB-9026CFB588F0.jpeg
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.