1970 Suzuki T500 for sale in FL! $3.500, 20k miles.

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

petrolified
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki T500

1970 Suzuki T500 for sale in FL! $3.500, 20k miles.

Post by petrolified »

I’ve decided to part ways with my beloved T500. Bought it earlier this year with the sole purpose of taking it on a summer road trip and this forum has been a great resource for me in doing so.

Despite it being a hoot to drive for the 2,000 (or so) miles through Utah and Colorado, I’ve decided to put it up for sale rather than try to import it with me back to Europe. It’s been very reliable for me, only problems were caused by a faulty coil which has been since replaced.

Bike has a clean title and is sitting in a garage in Englewood, FL at a friend’s house - occasionally driven. Bought it off an enthusiast with 18.000 miles on clock, now it sits right around 20k.
Overall it’s in great condition with some surface rust and nice patina on the chrome. Tank has a pretty bad paint job, but no dents. There’s only a minor scrape on the left corner of the front fender. The trim around the seat fell of but I still have it. There’s also a small dent on the side exp. chamber.

Runs, drives, brakes excellent and always starts on 1st or 2nd kick. As far as I know it’s mostly original apart from the expansion chambers and handlebars. The previous owner has gone through the entire engine, replacing new seals, crank included, pistons, rings, bearings,… Jetted perfectly for expansion chambers. One thing I’m not sure and the previous owner wasn’t able to tell me is whether the gearbox was converted to 1400cc. That said, there’s no whine doing 4th or 5th gear and it shifts without a problem.

The oil injection seems to be working great, but there’s a leak coming from the connection below the oil tank. It also spits out oil from the headers, but I guess that’s to be expected? Either way it’s just got new manifold gaskets and bolts.
It’s got new spark plugs, coils, Dunlop tyres (<2000 miles), air filters, fresh oil,…

More images and a video in high resolution can be found on Dropbox here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/10a3jqotyxqs ... 8SMQa?dl=0

Can provide more photos/videos upon request.
Any questions, just ask!

I want $3.500 for the bike, but am open to offers.

- Martin