1977 RD400 Daytona Replica

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Mgmark
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: ‘75 GT750, '19 Triumph T100

1977 RD400 Daytona Replica

Post by Mgmark »

http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index ... ic=31446.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm selling bikes to make room and buy a nice GT750. I regret selling my last one.

I decided to sell my bikes one at a time, this one first. I'll be keeping the green '76 and my T500 for a while yet, unless I get a serious offer.

Since my original ad received no offers I pulled the euro wire wheels off this bike and put stock mags back on it. The TZ front brake is still on the bike. It has new Avon tires with the wheel swap.
I'll have all my bikes at the Deals Gap 2-stroke meet as my riders, different ones on different days.
Please see the above link for details and specifics on the bike.
Asking $3000.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RossB
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: RD400 T500 Titan GT550

Re: 1977 RD400 Daytona Replica

Post by RossB »

Nice ride! Where did you get that seat? I have a 76 RD400 it needs that seat! Good luck on Selling
Your bike.
Thank you!
Mgmark
On the main road

Post by Mgmark »

The seat is a stock Daytona seat. I got it with the rest of the bodywork when I bought a Daytona a few years ago. They do come up for sale ocassionally but it is getting tough to find a solid seat pan nowadays. Gotta have a good pan. The seat foam and cover are available repro, and the rear cowl piece shows up fairly often for sale.

Mark
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Mark,

Love the Daytona model. Best looking RD by far. Had a 250 version and 400 many years ago in Australia so no pollution spec carbs and pipes to worry about. Did you replace the carbs and fit early model pipes or did you fit earlier barrels to get carbs and pipes to fit?
Mgmark
On the main road

Post by Mgmark »

I used earlier model pipes in order to fit the exhaust mounts on the earlier frame, the original Daytona exhausts are about impossible to find anymore anyway, -especially the one piece exhaust header manifold with screw on header pipes. The carb bodies are the same between earlier 400s and the Daytona; just the tops/slide linkage assemblies and jetting are different to the Daytona for the emissions systems.
All that emissions related stuff got chucked back in the day so of course that is what is tough to find nowadays. On this bike I just wanted the look without the Daytona quirks. And Daytona porting makes for a really nice around town kind of bike, and perfect at places like Deals Gap. Lots of low end roll-on torque.