Clutch Cable

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

deadmeat
Around the block

Clutch Cable

Post by deadmeat »

I pulled out most of the remaining parts that I've squirelled away for the past few years and I have no idea what clutch cable I got. I tossed the bag it came in so I cant tell you if it came from Motorcity, Mrcycles, or Egay. The length is correct, but the lever end has a 90 degree bend in it. The part number stamped on it reads "31300-8130?" Anyone know what this is for and want to trade it for one that fits a GT750M?
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

It looks like a GT750 throttle cable to me. I've never seen a clutch cable with the 90 degree turn at the bars.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
deadmeat
Around the block

Post by deadmeat »

Hi Lane, Yeah it sorta does. but there's no adjustment on the 90 end and the cable ends are too big. I cleaned up the old one and it doesnt look to bad as long as I keep boots on the end. I'll have to keep looking for a receipt to find out what the hell I ordered (or got!).
Barry S.
To the on ramp

Post by Barry S. »

It should have 10 numbers, can you make out all of them? Is the curved end chrome or black plastic?
2007 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
deadmeat
Around the block

Post by deadmeat »

It appears to only have 9 numbers, the 90 degree end is plastic and fits into the adjuster and the cable barrel has a nylon bearing and fits in the lever. The adjuster end screws into the clutch cover nicely and the cable end engages into the clutch arm. I havent a clue....
Barry S.
To the on ramp

Post by Barry S. »

31300 would be the last 5 numbers, looks like this
http://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslist/h ... 8_fdf2.gif
2007 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Coyote
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550x2, GT750, GS1000

Post by Coyote »

I just picked up a clutch cable I ordered last week through a local independent bike shop. It's made by Motion Pro. It has the same nylon piece around the barrel as the one you show. I have never seen this before on ANY cable. Makes me wonder if the cable you have is a Motion Pro as well.
Buffalo-guy
To the on ramp

Post by Buffalo-guy »

My wifes 02 SV 650 has that exact clutch cable on it. It comes in two lengths to accommodate either clip-ons or handle bars on the naked version. It most likely fits a few models from this era. My two bits worth for today. Cheers.
Fred
Suzuki GT 750s
Ducati 750 GTs
2007 Duc 1000 GT (the clone)
2002 V Strom 1000 (lives again)
Suzuki RE5s
CBXs (18 cylinders, 72 valves)
H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Post by H2RICK »

IMO, that's a clutch cable for a "modern" sports bike.....early Gixxer 750 or mid-late 80s Katana. Suzuki became very fond of using that style of "round-the-corner" elbow on their sport bikes. As Fred posted, that same thing can be seen today on many Suzi sport bikes. Some Kwak sport bikes use the same style, as well.
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer