Archived Posts

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Whats the price for that big chunk of black ink in the upper right. :^):^)

Kevin
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Hi Tim

Sent you a PM, not sure if you got it. I'd buy it for that price as a spare for my bikes. Could you ship it ? I'm in Ontario. Your about a 5 hour drive if I had to pick it up. I'm sure we could work something out. I will be in Panama the 1st three weeks of May though. I can pay now. Email me at: drew322134@hotmail.com.

Thanks.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I checked the weight on the engine on my T350 when I had it out, it was 45kg dry with carburators. The GT250 should weigh the same.
In case you needed the weirht for shipping...
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

tim, did you get my pm?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

SOLD!!!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

TS400 for $50

Post by Admin »

Wow.... Not that I need another project....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/653951323.html
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

KR, if you go get it, I'll give you $50.00 plus shipping for the engine, and you can part out the rest of it. By the way, that's better than what I started with for my streettracker.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

If you're serious....

Post by Admin »

Lane-

If you're serious, I'll go get it tomorrow, tear the motor out of it, and ship it to you. I really don't have much interest in it, but I could tear it apart, and part it out. Anyone else need TS400 parts?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I'm serious. Let me know. Please ship it via FEDEX Ground......

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

OK, I'll check it out tomorrow

Post by Admin »

Supposedly the guy found the pink slip and the green sticker, which in California for a dirt bike is sort of like hitting the lotto.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Whatever...just let me know.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I'd happily give you $15+shipping for the guages and mounting rack.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Parting TS400

Post by Admin »

Lane-

I just meant that in CA having someone that actually kept their paperwork together to still have a green sticker on a vintage two-stroke is pretty rare. You can't ride on public lands without it, so this guy clearly kept his paperwork in order. Since the bike is being parted, it means basically nothing. Although, selling off the frame with a title and a green sticker in CA should be worth something. I'm picking up the bike today and will ship you out the motor via FEDEX ground as soon as I can pack it up.

Chris-
It does appear from the pictures that it has the gauge cluster. I have no idea what condition they are in, having not yet seen the bike. There is a set on fee bay right now selling for over $100.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0224372142

I'd prefer to skip ebay if possible, but I'm not going to spend time parting a bike for nothing. How about I set an across the board 30% of any ebay price for parts, unless there is a clear condition difference? For instance, the gauge cluster on ebay looks pretty clean, so if the new one isn't, we can talk, but let's start at 30%.

Kevin
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Kevin,

Don't worry about it. I don't need them that bad. I was thinking you might be an easy come, easy go type.

Chris
Admin
Supreme UFOB

I'm not looking to make money here....

Post by Admin »

I'm not looking to make money here. I'm sort of doing this as a favor to the folks that want the parts. I don't have a TS400 or want one. Lane wanted a motor, and it seemed like it would be easy to take care of. That said, it is going to take time to get all the parts off, box them up, and send them off. Unless I pull, box up and ship these parts in seconds, my per-hour rate is going to be well under minimum wage here. I have a job, don't need another one.

So, I'm not looking for a get rich quick scheme here. If anything it seems like a get poor slowly scheme. 30% of fee-bay seemed reasonable to me. If it's not, that's fine. Just trying to help and be reasonable with my time is all.

Kevin