Gt 750M tank

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Nicholasj
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1975 GT750M

Gt 750M tank

Post by Nicholasj »

Hello all: I feel somewhat guilty for posting this as I joined in January this year and due to the luck (🍀) I’ve had in the last 5-6 months (all bad) I’ve only managed 1 post and I STILL find myself with a non-running dollar-sucking GT750M. I have 4 other bikes plus the Waterbottle and due to injury I can’t even ride them!

Apparently my beautifully “restored “ gas tank has rust holes underneath and a bog-filled fist-sized dent on the front. And a fuel tap with no “reserve” pipe! Wouldn’t THAT have been interesting had I actually ridden the thing.

The guilt stems from the fact that my second post is sort of a cry for help and makes me feel like a “phantom “ forum member.
Anyway, I now have the sad task of trying to track down a fuel tank. I looked at one locally in Brisbane; but it seemed to have the same issues mine does.
I’m looking at another in the US of A ,but shipping-as you all know- is quite the 600 pound Gorilla.
Anyway (that word again) any ideas anyone has just put it up there,
Please feel free to lambast me as a user of the Forum’s good nature: but in all reality i certainly ain’t.
You all know more than me about these things so it’s difficult to say anything with any credence.
Nicholasj
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1975 GT750M

Re: Gt 750M tank

Post by Nicholasj »

Another non-post!
I did manage to secure the tank in the U.S.of A so consider my crying superfluous.
Bad news is I’ll be living on Baked Beans for the foreseeable future.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Gt 750M tank

Post by Alan H »

There's always stuff to be found when you don't need it.
You have to buy it when you see it., even if you don't need it at the time.
As I have told my (now) wife for years.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.