WTB: Morris mag wheels

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

K.D. HART
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550, GT750

WTB: Morris mag wheels

Post by K.D. HART »

Looking for a pair of Morris mags for a GT550
Email me at gwailo7(REMOVE)@gmail.com
tz375
Moto GP

Re: WTB: Morris mag wheels

Post by tz375 »

Or check out GS550/750 wheels. Same look (almost) but way cheaper. Rear wheels are available with drum and disk styles, so check ebay or your local wrecker.
K.D. HART
On the street

Post by K.D. HART »

tz375 wrote:Or check out GS550/750 wheels. Same look (almost) but way cheaper. Rear wheels are available with drum and disk styles, so check ebay or your local wrecker.
I seen them, but not really what I'm looking for. Would Kawasaki LTD mags work if I can't find any Morris mags? I'm going for this look.
dave298
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 2

Post by dave298 »

I had this bike and listed long back to sell here, If you are interested please contact to me, also take a look at the Bike.
http://www.shoppok.com/greenbay/a,54,49 ... ay-Wi-.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coyote
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550x2, GT750, GS1000

Post by Coyote »

That's a sweet cafe. I should know. I built it 8) I found the Morris mags on eBay back around 2005. I paid $25 for the pair. Never seen any others. Actually I prefer the look of spokes, but the mags are a cut above in a lot of ways. No rust, no maintenance an definitely fit the package. The wheels are a bolt on in a sense. The front is for sure but not the rear - that is unless you get all the original garbage that came with them back in the 70's. I had that stuff and it looked terrible. Especially the caliper retention mess. I used mostly 1980 GS750 in the rear of this bike. The swing arm, brake stay, disc, caliper and master cylinder. I had to fabricate everything else including sprocket adapter, disc carrier and spacers.
Good luck in finding the wheels! I know there has to be some left out there somewhere. Remember, these were aftermarket in the 70's!
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left.

1978 GS1000C
1976 GT550 ongoing money pit.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

I was thinking "Lester" not "Morris".

Morris were usually magnesium and that tends to corrode over time. I have no experience with Morris Aluminum wheels though. They are being manufactured again in Europe but are not cheap. http://www.marvic.it/en/prodotto/vintage-morris/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And Roland Sands does a CNC copy http://www.rolandsands.com/products/mor ... -black-ops" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They do turn up from time to time though so keep looking.
http://www.kawi2strokes.com/forum/viewt ... =27&t=7587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or go with GS or RD400/Seca wheels for a similar look at a whole lot less dollars.
buffalodave
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: gt750A

Post by buffalodave »

never mind...
K.D. HART
On the street

Post by K.D. HART »

Coyote wrote:That's a sweet cafe. I should know. I built it 8) I found the Morris mags on eBay back around 2005. I paid $25 for the pair. Never seen any others. Actually I prefer the look of spokes, but the mags are a cut above in a lot of ways. No rust, no maintenance an definitely fit the package. The wheels are a bolt on in a sense. The front is for sure but not the rear - that is unless you get all the original garbage that came with them back in the 70's. I had that stuff and it looked terrible. Especially the caliper retention mess. I used mostly 1980 GS750 in the rear of this bike. The swing arm, brake stay, disc, caliper and master cylinder. I had to fabricate everything else including sprocket adapter, disc carrier and spacers.
Good luck in finding the wheels! I know there has to be some left out there somewhere. Remember, these were aftermarket in the 70's!
I know you built it and I've always liked it.
I'm going to do my 1972 GT like your bike with a set of 1982 GPZ1100 rims

(Pretty sure you used GPZ rims on your bike, not Morris Rims).

I have a set of Morris rims on my Kaw triple.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

I don't think those are Morris wheels on that Kawi triple. They may be Lesters though.
K.D. HART
On the street

Post by K.D. HART »

tz375 wrote:I don't think those are Morris wheels on that Kawi triple. They may be Lesters though.
My bad. You are correct, they are Lesters.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

But they would look good on that Gt. :up: