The 'mraxl' Suzuki GT Resources Site has moved

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: The 'mraxl' Suzuki GT Resources Site has moved

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

I recently added the K10/K11 service manual to the site - the direct link is:

http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/mraxl_G ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also updated, expanded and re-organised the service bulletin area to try and make it easier to use - feedback is appreciated. The direct link is:

http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/mraxl_G ... etins.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

I've just added two sections to the Suzuki T/GT Resources web site:
  • All the Country/Region specific parts pages are here
And of course you access them via the drop down menu listing that you see when you click on 'Parts Manuals' located on this page:

http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/mraxl_G ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy ! Image
Ian

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

It has been a while since I did an update - I actually have heaps of new material waiting to be put up, but for the moment perhaps those of us having thick eye glasses and using pocket protectors will find this new section on 'Suzuki Dating Codes' useful ! :D

http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/mraxl_G ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy ! 8)
Ian

tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

That looks good Ian.

GT750:
On oil pumps, they are marked 310 and 312. 310 cover 3 and 2 plunger types and 312 is all other later types, even after teh change to internal parts. They did change that to a 31002 from A onwards but not to a 316 for some reason - maybe because they were interchangeable.

With rear fenders, the A on rear section is still a 310 even though the change was significant in the mounting design. The frame also stayed as a 310 when it changed several times. Odd.

Crankcases are all 11304-318xx numbers and in earlier parts list they were -31802 for J and K and -31850 for L. In the B parts list they say 31850 for J-K-L. It does mention that a different crank is required for later crankcases which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Keep up the good work.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

tz375 wrote:On oil pumps, they are marked 310 and 312. 310 cover 3 and 2 plunger types and 312 is all other later types, even after teh change to internal parts. They did change that to a 31002 from A onwards but not to a 316 for some reason - maybe because they were interchangeable.
Thanks Richard - I'll try and work the pump and fender info in next round. And if you get a chance, take a look at the Australian specific page - I was shown an interesting example of a late model A when I was visiting.

http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/GT750_f ... page-A5111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8) .
Ian

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

Doing some more clean up and tidying:
  • - cleaned up the Frame Number section, and also added a new spreadsheet for older models so I can start to capture data
  • - moved the T500/GT500 material to the front cover
The direct link to the resource pages again is:

http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/mraxl_G ... index.html

8)
Ian

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

I forgot to mention - I'm nearing completion of a new section for the resource site to be called 'The Field Guide to the GT550' and which is based on work Manfred Schönherr in Germany first did in the early 1990's, and which he has agreed to let me use. Those of you owning original paint GT550's could help out by emailing photos of your bikes that clearly show the tanks, seat, side covers, instrument cluster and switch gear. Actually, the only switch gear I would need photos of would be for the J and K as it was all the same for both GT550 and GT750 for 1974 and onwards. What I'd like to be able to do is show good examples of the different colours that were offered in different markets. This effort will not be as detailed as I did for the GT750 - more of a pocket guide I suppose :D - as other than the split between the EU and North American engine types, the bicycle bits were pretty much unchanged apart from cosmetics.

My email is ian@oldjapanesebikes.com - and if you do send a photo or two, please also tell me how you'd like your name to appear in the photo credit (some people prefer to use their forum 'handles' rather than their actual names) .

Thx ! 8)
Ian

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

Just completed a few more updates:
  • - revamped the 'Sales Brochure' pages
  • - the 'Manuals' page has been completely revamped
  • - added the K10/K11/K15 parts manual
  • - added the B100P service manual
  • - Added the B100P parts manual
  • - Added the S32-2 parts manual
  • - added a copy of the 1972/1973 Service Data manual (thanks for the scans Alan ! :up: )
  • - corrected a few errors here and there
I'm still looking for good photos of original paint GT550's for the new GT550 Field Guide currently nearing completion - contact me via email directly if you have a photo you'd like included. And the link to the site again is:

http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/mraxl_G ... index.html

If you spot an error, or wish to contribute something, just drop me a line. Enjoy ! 8)
Ian