Boot question.

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Boot question.

Post by jkevinlilly »

I've been looking around for waterproof motorcycle boots for next year, instead of using my normal work boots. Has anybody tried these, and if so, what do you think of them??

http://www.bootbay.com/bootbay/product. ... t=2&s_id=0

Kevin
Everything Commeth
To He Who Waiteth
So Long As He Who Waiteth
Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth
h2okettle
On the main road

Post by h2okettle »

Kevin, I have been using a boot called Oxtar Matrix. They are Gortex and very comfortable. I have never had wet feet with them. They are easy to put ion and take off. They are also inexpensive. My first pair lasted over 200K miles. The boot itself is still fine. I just wore the bottoms out..
Hope this helps.

Allen...... Rideaholic
jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Post by jkevinlilly »

Allen,
Thats the kind of comments I was looking for. By the way, the Oxtar Matrix have been renamed the TCX X-Five, accourding to the internet anyway. I have used the Danner Acadia for the last few years, since I wear them as a uniform boot with work. I like them, they keep your feet dry, and I have worn the vibram cleats off smooth on at least two pair, but I'm looking for something that is actually designed for motorcycle use. I also like the fact that the TCX description actually says they have gore-tex, instead of just saying a "waterproof microfiber" like a lot of brands add say.

Kevin
Everything Commeth
To He Who Waiteth
So Long As He Who Waiteth
Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

I recently got a pair of these for tour riding in Canada, its interesting how they have a zip on each side, although you can get your feet in easily with only one side open.
Also, theres a two sided velcro slot panel part of the way down on the back to open the boot for rear entry if need be.
Its got an inner gaitor panel for supposed water proofing the internals but id have liked to have seen a flap panel over the zips for better direct waterproofing to the outside.
For $70.00 these are super comfy well made and and decent value for the money so you get what you pay for. Naturally they are nothing like the really nice ones Allen has for his mega mileage riding, but good enough for most persons,,LOL

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/ ... Boots.aspx
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
ilbikes
On the main road

Post by ilbikes »

Allen, thanks for the head-up on the Oxtar's. When I saw this post, I immediately went to Google to see if any deals were to be had on a new pair of waterproof boots.

I won these brand-new Oxtars for $100 on eBay, a steal it would appear based on other pricing I could find and their MSRP of $289. The right place at the right time thanks to your post. This place rocks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWNX:IT

Best Regards,
Gordon