Way off topic - Moscow costs

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

Way off topic - Moscow costs

Post by tz375 »

Hey, I know this one is way off topic, but I also know that this community has a lot of interesting characters doing all sorts of interesting jobs, so I figured I'd go ahead and ask.

What I need to know is the cost of electricity for an average apartment in Russia. So my question is have any of you lived in Russia in teh last 3-5 years and if so can you pm me with details of what you paid for electric bills.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Odd request 8)

I haven't lived there, but a quick internet search shows that expats pay about $40 per month for utilities - this would cover gas, water, telco and power.
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
spike
On the main road

Post by spike »

My daughter Valentina Godfather is Russian, although from St. Pete. Will ask him.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Thanks
argo1974
To the on ramp

Post by argo1974 »

We have 9 US cents/KWh in Estonia for private households, in Russia the prices are 4-6 US cents/KWh.
1x T500 Cobra (1968)
4x T500K (1973)
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Thanks,

That was exactly what i needed to know
spike
On the main road

Post by spike »

Pacha confirms these prices for Russia.
muzza
Supreme UFOB

Post by muzza »

wow extra cheap......try 25c/kw here. Might move to russia or estonia. Nice looking girls over there too!
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs. (Suzuki Compendium - www.ozebook.com)
spike
On the main road

Post by spike »

TZ, a more complete discussion with Pascha reveals that you're unlikely to ever see these rates. Reason is, if you are a foreigner, you won't be able to get a state-subsidised flat, you'll be in a subleased flat and you will then pay a monthly rate with "all" included. Foreigners can't get official leases. Hotels are not really the solution either.

Beware also that Russia is almost as expensive as Switzerland to live in! If talking about Moscow, it is one of the world's most expensive place to live in. You will also find food incredibly expensive. Finding cheap shops and good deals is a Russian past time, you'll need a lot of insider info to spend the minimum.

More info available upon request… But would also need more details about your stay.
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

muzza wrote:wow extra cheap......try 25c/kw here. Might move to russia or estonia. Nice looking girls over there too!
Muzza you are a pervert. whats wrong wiv ya lass.
they are all the same in the dark just make different noise's 'n' some dont.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership