Local Suzuki shop wins again.

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Local Suzuki shop wins again.

Post by jkevinlilly »

The local Suzuki shop won out again as far as parts prices go. I picked up a "new" 76 GT 550 petcock there this week for $68.50, including local tax. Cheaper than I could find anywhere elsewhere, not even counting shipping and handling. But it does have the aftermarket black finish, instead of the original plain aluminum. And I'll still have to see if leaks when I put it on. I already warned the parts guy that these units have a reputation for leaks even when new, and if this one does, I'll be back for an exchange.

I just wish the labor department was as good as the parts department. But I guess when the bikes I ride are older that the mechanics in the shop, it is hard to expect much. :^)

Kevin
Everything Commeth
To He Who Waiteth
So Long As He Who Waiteth
Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

Thats a good price Kevin,,,,I'm amazed some persons have so many issues with the fuel taps and leaking.
The only ones i ever had that leaked are ones i bought off ebay to rebuild, after i repaired them,,,,perfect no leaks.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Post by jkevinlilly »

The one I have apparently had a bad diaphram. It would drip about one drop a minute out of the vent hole, just enough to irritate....
Everything Commeth
To He Who Waiteth
So Long As He Who Waiteth
Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth