PVL Ignition

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

radman
Still in the Driveway

PVL Ignition

Post by radman »

Any experience with this? Contemplating electronic ign for my T20, the PVL appears to be a nice unit, but no lighting function. looks like a system made for race/dirt only. Any suggestions for a decent electronic for my 'ol Zook?
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Is it a street bike or a racer ? PVL is a great race ignition but not really suitable for the street unless you don't ride far and don't mind charging batteries regularly.

There has to be a DYNA unit for almost any 4 cylinder bike that can be adapted quite easily. Or try Newtronics or Boyer or contact HPI.be or Zeeltronic and see what they have.

Power dynamo offer a self generating ignition with CDI and alternator for RD twins. That might be worth investigating.
diamondj
Road race school

Post by diamondj »

There's this one:

http://www.powerdynamo.biz/eng/systems/ ... 61main.htm

It's described as being for the T500 but I know the stator and rotor on the T500 is the same as the T350 and T250. Not entirely certain they are the same as the T20 but you could check with Power Dynamo to see. I could also post a picture of the rotor end of a T500 crank with the dimensions if you want to check it against your T20.

Jim
radman
Still in the Driveway

Post by radman »

Street bike only. Thanks for the replies.