Introduction

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

oldmanjake
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT125 -74

Introduction

Post by oldmanjake »

Hi everyone, and thanks for letting me in!

So, I'm a 42 year old guy from Sweden who will need some help getting a -74 GT125 running (if possible :? ).

I guess my bike story started at around 10 when my dad brought an old Zundapp moped home from my grandparents (custom made out of scrap parts). It looked cool and I couldn't wait to drive it. My dad told me that when I'm old enough to start it by myself, I could drive it. A few years later, I had an older friend who had a Puch Nevada, which he let me drive and taught me how it all worked. One day when my dad got home from work, I proudly showed him that I now could start the Zundapp. From that day on for quite a while, I drove it every day.

Once I turned 15, we built a new Zundapp (again, from scrap parts) that fulfilled my styling needs for the time. I still have both these bikes today.
Anyway, time went by, and once I got my car drivers license, I kind of forgot about bikes and never looked back.

15 years later, my Grandma passed away, and her house was emptied and sold. My Grandpa kept an old -71 (or -72?) Honda CB125 in the basement, which we sold. I wasn't really interested in it at that point in time, and I had nowhere to keep it. Again, some years after that, I ended up in a Swedish moped forum, and I was really impressed by the restorations and builds that they were making, and the bike nerve started to itch again.

I really regretted that we sold the Honda, and I started looking for a new 125cc bike. Since we had some parts for a GT125 lying around, and it's a really nice looking bike (and is 2-stroke), I started to look for one. Several years later (a week ago, actually) I found one. It was not in mint condition (far, far from) but I gave it a go, and let's see if I can restore it to former glory. I hope you can help me!

That's it for me. I will soon be asking about the missing stuff in the wiring loom :)
Evans Ward
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350

Re: Introduction

Post by Evans Ward »

Welcome and thanks for the intro with your 1st post! :clap: will be following your build thread..
1976 Suzuki GT750 (Maui Blue), 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candytone Blue), 1984 Yamaha RZ350 (KRR- Yellow/ Black).