Very odd.

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Very odd.

Post by Alan H »

The membership keeps growing, but don't post. What's all that about?
We average about 5 applications to join on a weekly basis, most are approved (by me) and I then send a welcome message to the effect of;
Welcome
To Sundial Suzuki forum.
Please do a quick intro as a first post -
Just basics of who you are and the general area you're from.
A bit about your biking history would be good too.
Cheers!
Alan, admin.

Now, some of those never activate their account by clicking on the link of the automatic email that is sent out to confirm that the email is genuine, and those that do post, seemingly can't be bothered to say hello, so might not even get a reply.
It's just an introduction. Nothing overwhelming. We don't want your credit card details or your house details - just something on the lines of ' Hi, I'm Fred from New York State, and have a 1974 T500. I've had many bikes over the last 30 years, but this is the first one I've actually decided to completely restore. I can do maintenance, but electrics might be something new.'
Please join in, we aren't facebook - it's a forum where free and friendly advice is asked for and given.
Oh, 'dodgy' email addresses, ip addresses or bike models in the application usually causes an instant ban - and I do check then all. Your (and our), security is paramount.
Alan.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
simmons1
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750, GS1000s

Re: Very odd.

Post by simmons1 »

I have been a member for a long time but rarely contribute. I joined when I bought Wayne Muir's GT750. Unless I have a technical issue and need some help, I don't have a lot going on that I would post about. Wished I had more I could contribute.
T700, Africa Twin, Goldwing, Super Tenere, WR250R, GS1000s, GT750, H2 750
joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Re: Very odd.

Post by joolstacho »

G'day Alan. I drop in for a look every day, but rarely actually post. I guess mainly because my GT500 has no issues to whinge about!
But I really do appreciate the forum. So thanks Alan.
-Jools