Another New Member Hello.

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

PhilBos
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1973 GT250

Another New Member Hello.

Post by PhilBos »

Hello everybody,

Just joined here so as requested a little bit about myself and my bike/s

Been riding on and off for over 40 years, live in Berkshire in the south of the UK.

Bikes, started off on a Honda SS50 (please don't judge me for that ;-) ) then graduated to an RD250... After passing my test jumped onto a Kawasaki Z550. Then a while off before a short lived fling with Elsie (RD250LC). Usual thing after that, married, kids no bikes :( . Got offered a Suzuki GSX600F cheap which traded up to a new Triumph 955 triple (that was fun!) until it broke my collar bone and had to go!
Inherited two AJS from my father which sat in my garage for a number of years till lockdown got me back into working on the one that had been a runner and getting it back together.
Then decided wanted to relive the 2 stroke lunacy of my youth and always wondered what my mates GT250 was like so I have acquired a 1973 one from an auction (US import), it's not running (Seized engine and lots of other bits to sort out) hence arriving at this wonderful place.

I will probably be asking advice and looking for spares and hopefully sharing the fun/pain of this.

Thanks for having me here.
Phil
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Another New Member Hello.

Post by Alan H »

Welcome Phil.
Several UK based folks with 250 and plenty of spares available.
Have a search for Dollydog's different projects on the subject.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13093
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.