Scam

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

PaulD
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T250, Dunstall GT750L, GSXR1100, Z1300, GT500

Scam

Post by PaulD »

As most of you will know I've been trying to sell my Kettle for a while now?
Apart from a few silly offers on eBay no one seems interested so the other day I put it on Gumtree. It had only been on the site a few hours when I had an enquiry and the would be buyer asked me for my best price. So I answered him and he agreed straight away, result I thought. I next received an email that was written as though English wasn't his first language (this instantly put me on alert) he tells me he is an engineer at sea who wants to buy the bike for his son. He asks for my bank details and says he will transfer the money asap and then it went quiet for a day or so. When no money hit my bank I emailed him to ask if he had changed his mind? His reply was that he still wanted the bike but was having trouble with his shipping agent (in China!) he says it will cost £400 to ship plus Western Union are charging him a £50 handling fee. Then he tells me he will transfer the agreed price plus £450 into my bank? Within minutes I gets an email from a company called service@intl.pay24hours.com telling me the buyer has transferred the money plus £450 and are waiting for me to give them the MTCN number? I got back in touch with matey boy telling him I was a bit confused as I have never sold a bike this way before?
He replies that all I need to do to get this number is to go to a post office with a Western Union branch and send £450 to his shipper in Shanghai! So after politely telling him the deal was off I contacted my bank and Western Union and forwarded all the emails and they both confirmed that this was indeed a scam. Apparently some people have actually let the shipping company take whatever they where selling after paying the shipping costs and they ended up minus the shipping costs and minus whatever it was they where selling!
So guys and gals just be careful out there
Those jap bikes are rubbish they won't last five minutes son, get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad

1971 Pink GT750J
1973 Blue T500J
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Re: Scam

Post by rngdng »

ABSOLUTELY A SCAM. RUN AWAY...

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........