Isle of Man TT coverage starts tonight

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Isle of Man TT coverage starts tonight

Post by jabcb »

On Velocity channel -- 11 PM Eastern
7 shows: Saturday, June 6th, through Friday, June 12th

http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Info/Results-2015.aspx
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Re: Isle of Man TT coverage starts tonight

Post by Zunspec4 »

High winds have meant the safety/medical helicopter cannot take to the air. Consequently the 1st Superbike race has been postponed until Sunday. The 1st Sidecar race has also been postponed.

Cheers Geoff

PS: When the racing get underway you can follow the action via live timing with commentary from Manx Radio at this link:
http://ttlive.iomtt.com/
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Post by GT750Battleship »

:cry: Hi,shame about racing being called off,but the safety of everybody is a major concern.One rider has already lost his life during practice :cry: The Manx Radio broadcast is terrific & the live timing is a bonus while listening.TV coverage by Foxtel in Australia is a day or so behind the real action,but good to watch :up: The TT Races should be on everyone's "bucket list" if you enjoy bikes 8)
Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by MikeH1A »

Who was that masked Kiwi flying around that course?????? Go the little fellas from down under 8) :up:
Burt Munro + John Britten + Kim Newcombe + Ivan Mauger = Kiwi Street Cred

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
GT750Battleship
Road race school

:up: Hi Mike,Bruce certainly gives it a good go every time he mounts up :shock:
If his lap record had to go,it was always going to be John McGuinness, 8) I'm a little concerned that the Isle Of Man Government wants to sell of the Event by 2017 to private enterprise to run,& we all know what a disaster this could prove to be :cry: :cry: :evil: no more watching from the hedge row,somebody's front garden,enjoying a beer at one of the Pubs on the course,you'll be stuck in a grandstand PAYING for the privilege :!: :cry: :evil: I hope I'm wrong on this,but I'm going in 2016...just in case it's the last year of the Event as we know it :!: :!: :|
Cheers,
Roger,
Suzuki GT750A
GT750Battleship.
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Post by Zunspec4 »

Hello Roger,

I can't see a commercial promoter being able to stop people from watching for free. The circuit is 37.75 miles in length, unless they concluded deals with all the track front property owners it won't happen. Money to be made via television rights maybe, just hope it doesn't go to Pay-to-view. ITV4 provided fantastic practice and race coverage, at least for UK viewers, I can see this being expanded to better world wide coverage.

The IOM TT is certainly one of those motorcycle events that you have to experience at least once in your lifetime. It's not just the actual racing it's the whole happening (60's reference there, showing my age lol )

Cheers Geoff
GT750Battleship
Road race school

:up: Hi Geoff,hope your right,maybe I'm being a little "paranoid" 8) but after my trip there back in '89 I'd hate to think things are about to change,spot on about the atmosphere & a must do thing if your truly love your bikes,it's the people & the moment that make this event great...long may it continue :clap:
Cheers
Roger
Suzuki GT750A
GT750Battleship.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

I'm going to the Classic TT in August.
Really looking forward to that.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
titan performance
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100, T200, GT250, T500, GT500, GT550, GT750, GS750

Post by titan performance »

I came home from the TT on Monday. Only missed 2 since 1987. This year was very exciting, as the field was just such high quality, with lots of fast young bloods coming through. Micky Dunlop had a mare, which was a shame, as he would have been in the mix for sure. Great to see the old guys bringing it......Bruce is awesome, and John Mac showing he is still king in the Senior. Then Hutchy, back from the wilderness. Totally awesome spectacle....it has to be seen to be believed.
I didn't take my R1 this year for the first time ever.....only took my T500 and Kettle cafe, but had a great time. Such fun to ride the old 'uns, and everyone loves 'em !
Roll on 2016.
Keeping old 2 strokes alive !
joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Post by joolstacho »

Zunspec4 wrote:Hello Roger,

I can't see a commercial promoter being able to stop people from watching for free. The circuit is 37.75 miles in length, unless they concluded deals with all the track front property owners it won't happen. Money to be made via television rights maybe, just hope it doesn't go to Pay-to-view. ITV4 provided fantastic practice and race coverage, at least for UK viewers, I can see this being expanded to better world wide coverage.

The IOM TT is certainly one of those motorcycle events that you have to experience at least once in your lifetime. It's not just the actual racing it's the whole happening (60's reference there, showing my age lol )

Cheers Geoff
Geoff, never underestimate the extent to which the greedy bastards will go, to restrict our access and make us pay through the nose. Somehow they find a way. And we just keep putting up with it.
GT750Battleship
Road race school

:shock: More about what is planned for future TT's on the Internet,even thinking of having a TT Series off shore with the top riders signing up to compete :wth: I'm sure they'll find a way to make an extra $$$ dollar,"you can't sit here anymore,it's unsafe....we are looking after you....please pay the cashier" :evil:
Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Post by joolstacho »

That's it mate... jeezus we can't have people actually risking life and limb can we? ... Gordon Bennet!... no way , I mean what will the OH&S department and the lawyers and insurance companies say... MY GOD!!! WE can't actually have people HAVING ACTUAL 'UNMEDIATED' FUN can we?
Bluddy'ell l!!! What next?
Give it a decade and it'll all be digitised, our poor grandchildren will only be able to experience it digitally, there will be no dirty smelly noisy things actually circulating the IOM, they'll be circulating around our 'devices', but to be sure there will still be a few soul-less ars*holes making a fortune out of it, that's for sure.
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

the way I see the isle of man have dug their own grave in lost revenue.
it will cost to much for most folks to be bothered.
you'll be able to whatch on tv for a lot less and its free at the moment.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership