A couple of bike collections recently visited

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

A couple of bike collections recently visited

Post by MikeH1A »

As part of our recent wandering around the South Island of NZ, my classic bike group was privileged to visit two excellent, privately owned collections. They are owned by a couple of best mates who are neighbours and are really passionate about their bikes. The first collection is an homage to the early World Superbike Championship. The owner of the bikes has sourced the examples from contacts all over the globe. He was involved with the Championship from the earliest days. He has attempted to collect examples of the first and second generation bikes that were homolgated by the manufacturers who entered the series:

Pretty much next door was an even bigger collection, this time of Italian bikes (mostly). This collector has sought out bikes from the 70's, 80's and 90's of Italian design and build and then spiced it up with the odd English beast. He has a solar panel powered system to keep them all on trickle charge so he can ride whatever he wants, whenever he wants 8) . The photo below is of only half the shed and omitting the workshop as well:

The first ever real-life Brough I came across - and then I saw 7 in one day :roll: :D

Oops, how did that last thing get in there? 8)
Burt Munro + John Britten + Kim Newcombe + Ivan Mauger = Kiwi Street Cred

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: A couple of bike collections recently visited

Post by Alan H »

And for anyone who wonders what the 'handbrake lever' just in front of the Vincent seat is for, it's actually a lever to operate the centre stand.
A mate hade a Vincent 1000 many years ago and that's how I know.
The only bike that scared me, the Vin.
Mind you I had a CD175 sloper and was only 18 at the time.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.