Where do you buy stuff

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

poteten72
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550

Where do you buy stuff

Post by poteten72 »

What sites are you ordering (oem) -parts for your 2-stroke?
And is there any one selling new startermotor for Gt 550?
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: Where do you buy stuff

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

I buy a lot of things from.........Suzuki ! :D It can be surprising what is still available from your local dealer, if you can get the parts person to actually check it out. Availability varies a lot by country for some reason. If that doesn't work, then I go to Reiner in Germany or Marcel in NL, and then as a last option eBay. And, what exactly is wrong with your starter motor ? They can sometimes be rebuilt 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Post by GT750Battleship »

8) ++ with Reiner in Germany,top service & really nice helpful guy.
Also local Suzuki guys can be very helpful...keep away from the sales people when at the shop,I've found the moment you start talking old Japanese bikes,they'll try & sell you a new one :?
Cheers,
Roger.
GT750Battleship.
poteten72
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550

Post by poteten72 »

oldjapanesebikes wrote:I buy a lot of things from.........Suzuki ! :D It can be surprising what is still available from your local dealer, if you can get the parts person to actually check it out. Availability varies a lot by country for some reason. If that doesn't work, then I go to Reiner in Germany or Marcel in NL, and then as a last option eBay. And, what exactly is wrong with your starter motor ? They can sometimes be rebuilt 8)
Actually I dont know if there is any startmotor in my bike, I have to check when I get some free time..... (But I suspect that there isnt any since both solenoid and starterbutton is missing, for some reason.

Btw a picture of my bike :wink:
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

That looks pretty clean. Missing starter is odd for sure.

But if it's running fine, I wouldn't pull off the pipes just to see if there's a starter motor hiding under the motor. Just kick it and ride it.