Just a quickie for newbies & spammers.

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Just a quickie for newbies & spammers.

Post by Alan H »

Today we had Lolitaglunk or arsenii.voronkovshd@yandex.com who says he's in russia, but actually it's lithuania. Nope! :roll:
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Been a few weeks since a dud surfaced, but today we had paulgt500 or as he's better known, paulepops@paulepops.plus.com who says he has a '71 T500R in the UK, but is actually in Hyogo, Japan.
I don't think so, so banned for being a tit.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Currently there seems to be 'issues' when I authorise (or not!) new members to the forum. I get;
General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './suzuki2_phpbb/phpbb_log' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_log (user_id, log_ip, log_time, log_operation, log_type, log_data) VALUES (10776, '77.100.84.17', 1701422045, 'LOG_ADMIN_AUTH_SUCCESS', 0, '')

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 1023
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 195
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 345
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/log/log.php
LINE: 317
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions.php
LINE: 2332
CALL: phpbb\log\log->add()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 37
CALL: login_box()

So please bear with me, as I've reported it to the Admin.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

It seems that the issues haven't been fixed properly, and our admins don't reply to my emails regarding the issues, however sometimes 'the system' allows me to authorise new members (but unfortunately, sometimes I can't!)
When I do, I always send an email asking that a new member does a quick introduction saying which bit of the world they inhabit and a bit about their biking experiences, but few do - or ever post.
Strange world innit? :?
Suzuki73
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT250K 1973

Post by Suzuki73 »

Hi Alan
As a new newbie I’ve spent an age trying to post a first post, still no idea how to do it. May be that’s why not to many newbie’s post,!
Replying to your post seems to be the only way to post!
Good to part of the group anyway
Mark
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Well, if you go on the first screen here - https://www.suzuki2strokes.com/forum/ - and click on 'General discussion' then you can start a 'hello' thread and write whatever you feel to say hello.
As I mentioned on your email - and I send one to everyone who joins us - I just ask new members to post a few details about which bit of the world they inhabit and something about their biking experiences. Perhaps I'm missing a bit of help, and should put a link to a place where they can post that first message!
I suppose it's easy to miss the obvious when I've been using different fora for many years, so thanks for giving me a bit of a push where I've missed something. I'll change the wording on my welcome message and hopefully encourage more folks to post.
Genuine thankyou.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

demetriz, or garagioze@hotmail.com from Cyprus with a Dublin ip address. Banned.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

We have had several 'attempts' from a potential newby called 'Anonymous' to join the forum, but the 'system' doesn't like that name so I can't allow, deny or even email them to explain, so please choose a different name an fill in all the details, including which actual model of Suzy 2 stroke you have, otherwise you're wasting your - and my time. :roll:
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Nice try 'danketchpel', but the philippines isn't part of the USA, so you're banned.