Isle of Man Classic / Manx TT 2022

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Isle of Man Classic / Manx TT 2022

Post by Alan H »

Just booked the ferry, so I'll be there on the GT550J from 21st to 28th August.
Staying in Castletown, so if you see the bike, look for me and say hello!!

https://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/ ... &mode=view nearest one to camera.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Evans Ward
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350

Re: Isle of Man Classic / Manx TT 2022

Post by Evans Ward »

Have fun Alan. :up: I’ll bet attending IOM is quite the experience! :clap:
1976 Suzuki GT750 (Maui Blue), 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candytone Blue), 1984 Yamaha RZ350 (KRR- Yellow/ Black).
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Post by jabcb »

Sweet! The aztec gold GT550 with 4LS and cast-in engine logos is the best looking of the GT550s.

The IOM is a bucket list event — have fun.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
vulcanman
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A 1976

Post by vulcanman »

Eve all ,we be over on the 24 th .trip 56 for me.not that im addicted 🤣 .i keep eye out for you.cant be that many 550,s over so should spit you ok .
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

Spot ! Oops
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

On the 02.15 am ferry Wed morn.excitement building even after all these trips.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Weather not been great so far, but managed to get to Ballacraine to watch some practice yesterday. Dunlop really meant it when he went by and others slightly less so where we were at the end of the straight at the right hander. Several broke down on the first lap of practice, then it was red flagged due to a rider coming off - fortunately just with bumps & razes. The second practice session was set to one lap only, due to the red flag incident, then even that was cancelled due to it running late.
I've got achey back disease today, so loading up with ibuprofen and going for a mooch round the paddock in Douglas. No pics yet due to me not using photo imaging sites, so I'll try harder soon, hopefully. More practice sessions later today are planned, & the weather is improving, so should be ok.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Had a nice coffee & choccy bix in Hailwood's caff there - must be cheapest on the IOM, so went down doubly well!! Bought a shirt from there which wasn't the cheapest, but as Hailwood was my fave ever since I saw him on the 6 at Oulton in 1968, I still thought it was money well spent.

Extra practice sessions planned and Dunlop wasn't fastest lap!! 122.'summat' average best so far, and the track is still drying out. Mebbe higher speeds in this evening's session.

GT550J running well and did over 60mpg on the way to Heysham from home. All right I was only doing a steady 4k rpm mostly 55-60 mph, but I didn't need to be at the pub before 12 for dinner, so no point rushing.
Good craic and lots of bikes, what's not to enjoy?
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Met Simon Hunt (from Scunthorpe) who's racing a couple of 2 strokes. His team is the Pork Pie Power Racing team. Tried to cadge a t shirt, but they refused & gave me one (a t-shirt!) So I gave them £20 for their tea fund. Nice lads & Simon has qualified to race later in the week.
Currently in Ramsey noshing pork belly starter & queenies & bacon for main. Bloody lovely.
Restaurant called Good stuff really recommended.
Down to Parliament square in a bit fir more practice sessions.

Good practice session, but missed Dunlop almost failing to get round Parliament Square. Locked everything up and used most of the road all at once. Superb skill, but so very close to the edge. I realise that's what makes him (and others in the same family) so good, but Jeeez.... I reckon that must have been a nappy changing moment - wonder who cleans the inside of his leathers?

Nice run back on the coast road and forced a couple of beers down to complete the day. Good day's holiday.
Rained overnight, but drying out quickly today, so hopefully more practice sessions later.
vulcanman
To the on ramp

Post by vulcanman »

We were at Harolds our 1st eve of practice on Wed ,deserted.only 6 lads there.Mr.Dunlop came past both wheels sliding towards the wall.no easing off though! Eve in the Tynwald Inn with mates from your part of the world.did Kirk Michael coast road Thur ,where my baffle went walk about.at least found it and only a little damage.lock wire is essential bit of kit 🤣