New Member - TS75 Restoration

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

76TS75
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1976 TS75

New Member - TS75 Restoration

Post by 76TS75 »

Seems like there is a lot of knowledge on this site and I'm happy to have found it! I have been riding both dirt and street bikes for most of my life but all my previous experience has been with running bikes. I recently picked up a 1976 Suzuki TS75 enduro that wasn't running. Found there was no spark and traced it to a bad coil. Replace that and the plug and after cleaning up the points it had a good spark but still wouldn't start. Yesterday I played around with the carb (haven't had it off the bike yet as I'm not sure how to disconnect the choke cable) and was able to get it running. Took a couple short runs up and down the alley and then it quit again, but the bike does run, clutch works and it looks like its worth putting some more effort into. I'll be looking for some parts and will be back here looking around for some expertise I'm sure! I am in the Calgary, Alberta area in Canada. Looking forward to learning more about this little bike as I go through the restoration!
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: New Member - TS75 Restoration

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to the forum.
Favourite will be the carb partially bunged up with old fuel, so I'd suggest removing it carefully and take LOTS of pics as you disassemble it to help when you rebuild it.
Carb cleaner is cheap enough.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.