Sundial Moto Sports

Suzuki Two-Stroke Message Board
Suzuki2Strokes.com
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:38 pm 
World Superbike

Suzuki 2-Strokes: 2 x GT550s GT750, T200, TC200
Moderators now monitor all new applications.
Personally, if I see that the IP address doesn't 'conform', then your application is deleted.
Note that gmail, or other 'approximate' email address or IP addresses that don't come from your details are liable to cause automatic deletion.
Your choice.
Please give more detail to your application for membership, like where you're from, bike model, year, you get the picture.
That's my take on this stuff to keep duds and spammers out.
Don't like it? Please complain to board moderators.
Guess what you'll get........... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:11 pm 
Born to ride

Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1975 GT380
And make that first post, that helps the moderators tell a real Suzuki rider from some a-hole spammer.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:11 am 
To the on ramp

Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350, 67 YR1, 82 MB5
I’ve axed a couple the last couple of mornings. Alan said we have it covered on both sides of the pond! Spammers suck! :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:35 pm 
To the on ramp

Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie
Yes, it'd be a good idea to insist on a personal intro from any new 'joiners'.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:55 am 
Still in the Driveway

Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1978 380B
Just thought Id say HI.
My names Andy and I live in Kent UK. In my 60s now and of course 70s bikes are my thing in the main. I do own a Laverda SF750, a couple fo Guzzi Callifornias, a Guzzi V11 sport, a Honda CB900, a 1200N Bandit, a Suzuki GT125, a Suzy380, a Benelli350f, a Suzuki RGV250, a couple of Guzzi TS250s, a Honda VF400,a 250N Honda, Honda CB500t, a couple of Suzuki t500s,and a few other 125 and 50 cc bikes too.
I am at home because of the UKs stance and 'lock down' to protect the population from Covid 19 so using the time to look at some of those jobs I never get the time to do...house repairs and....MY BIKES!

Ive been working last week on my tatty (non runner purchase) 1975 Honda CB500t, that's now running after sorting out a bent valve and other issues altho still awaiting a few odd parts to ride it...new tyres among them.
This week Ive turned my attention to my Suzy GT380...nice clean bike purchased 9 yrs ago but was found to have a charging problem which wasn't easily sorted...so it got left....now Ive the time to look into it closely.
Its proving to be a brain teaser of a fix...
If anyone wants to chat to me about it please do....electrics are not my strongest skill altho being apprentice truck mechanic and many years in the bike and car/truck trade mean I do have better knowledge than many....
I am about to go back into my shed to re check the alternator field windings and asc wiring...see if I can turn up an obv fault.

Once this bike is sorted its the turn of my t500...needs a crank change...and other bits sorted...failed on me around 4yrs ago....

look forward to participating in your forum....keep safe out there....andy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:33 am 
World Superbike

Welcome to the asylum Andy. If you're near Canterbury, a good friend of mine lines nearby and has a full set of triples so might be a shoulder to cry on, so to speak. There's been lots of issues on here regarding charging, so if you do a search (top right of the screen under the 'hippo' front wheel) there's lots to be going on with. If you'd like a service manual for the Suzies drop me a pm with your email address on and I'll bung one over foc. It' actually for early bikes - what year is yours? - but lots still relevant.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:07 pm 
Still in the Driveway

Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1975 GT550M
Hi all, another Andy here to introduce myself, this one from Hampshire (north-east of the county)

I'm in between a nipper and an old hand and just got my first Suzuki 2t after many many years of looking at them with envy.

Mine's a '75 GT550 from the US, she's in rough shape but at least the motor turns. I've got a heck of a long way to go so I'll be stalking these forum boards with interest.

I fell in love with the sound and smell of these things, I've always liked older engineering, much nicer to work on and it'll last for much longer than all the modern wizardry I'm sure!

I also have a '99 intruder VL1500LC, a '99 Bandit 1200 in the middle of a turbo conversion, an 07 bandit 650S (we all gotta have a winter hack) and a '62 James Sports Captain (amc V20TS motor).

My GT won't be a full resto; I'll keep the frame as-is (I'm not an animal) but will making her into something a bit different, picture styling inspirations from the speedway racers and the Brough superior with copper-and-brass patina'd parts made from old bits of crap I've collected over the years. Pride of place so far is a '50s copper/brass waterloo fire extinguisher which I'm eyeing up for a single long thin fuel tank.

Thanks for having me!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:20 pm 
World Superbike

Welcome to the madhouse Andy.